Have you fallen off track of healthy eating during the summer? With traveling and no set schedule, I sure have. Here are 3 tips that I will be implementing to help me get back on track with my eating.
Healthy Eating With Meal Prep
Meal prepping can be one of the easiest ways to get back into a routine of eating healthy. It doesn’t have to be hard and you don’t have to spend a whole day in the kitchen meal prepping.
Start with planning some of your favorite easy meals. Need some ideas? Click here. Next, go shopping or even better use Shipt to deliver your groceries right to your door. Not a member yet, click here to get your FREE 2-week trial membership.
Here are some ways to meal prep.
- If you want and have the time you can go ahead and cook all of your veggies, proteins, and grains ahead of time. My son does this and then portions them out in containers.
- Maybe you just want to cut up your veggies or go ahead and buy them already cut up.
- Stock your freezer with fish. Some fish can go straight from the freezer to the oven. A bag of cooked, peeled, and deveined frozen shrimp is a great source of protein to quickly heat up and add to salads or stir-fries.
- Make smoothie cups. Prepack an individual container with all of your favorite smoothie ingredients. The next morning dump the bowl into your blender and add your liquid of choice. Looking for a chocolate, strawberry, or green smoothie. I have you covered.
- Stock your pantry and refrigerator with easy go-to foods. Some of my favorites are packaged tuna, canned black beans, Siete tortillas,
Healthy Eating With A CSA
I have talked about CSA before, you can read about it here. Finding a CSA program is a great way to have a variety of fresh produce that is local to you at an affordable price.
Having fresh produce on a weekly basis will help you to stay on track with your healthy eating and you will also be introduced to items that you have never tried. It is a great way to expand your healthy lifestyle while supporting local farms.
My favorite CSA in Birmingham is Stone Hollow Farmstead. The Autumn share starts today and it is not too late to sign up.
Healthy Eating With Pre-Made Meals
Nourish Meals is my go-to for a meal that is already made. Each meal is made with fresh ingredients and is delivered to my door weekly. Not only does it taste delicious, it is quick and easy. This helps me to take eating healthy to a new level since each meal is labeled with the nutrition information. I can even select the meal based on a particular lifestyle like Keto, Paleo, or Whole 30.
Click here to try Nourish Meals and use code WELLANDWORTHY for $20 off your first order. Good news they deliver across the country.