Happy 4th of July! If you are anything like me, on holidays like today I am always wondering how to avoid overeating. It seems like most holidays revolve around food. So how do we avoid overeating and still have a good time during a holiday? Here are some of the tips I will be using today.
Tips To Avoid Overeating
- Drink lots of water. When I drink water it helps to fill me up. It is especially important to drink a lot of water when you are out in hot weather.
- Don’t show up for the gathering hungry. If I am going somewhere and I don’t think there will be good options for me, I usually eat something before I go so that I don’t make bad choices.
- Bring your favorite healthy dish to share with the group. Most of the time I like to bring one of my healthy appetizers or salad to the event. Here is one of my favorite salads. This way I can share my healthy lifestyle and I am guaranteed to have something healthy I can eat.
- Get the smallest plate. I like to use a smaller plate so I can’t put as much food on my plate. This way my plate looks fuller thus tricking myself.
- Place small servings on your plate. Even with a small plate, I like to taste a little of everything. This way I get to have a bite or two of everything even if it isn’t the healthiest. I like the saying “everything in moderation”.
- Eat mindfully. I like to try to slow down and really enjoy my food. But I will be honest, this is a daily struggle for me. I am usually a very fast eater.
- Don’t drink your calories. This isn’t so hard for me. I would rather eat something really good than drink it. If I do drink I try to have only one or two drinks. My drink of choice would be vodka with Bai Bubbles (Gimbi Pink Grapefruit) or FitVine Wine. Check out this post for more ideas.
And if you do overeat, just forgive yourself and start over tomorrow. Every day is a new day.