Six Spa Escapes For Girlfriends
Getaways with your girlfriends are so important. As women, we are so busy working, taking care of everyone and running a house that sometimes we lose touch with our tribe – our girlfriends. Taking the time to get away with your friends can seem like a luxury but really it should be a necessity. And a spa resort is the perfect escape for girlfriends!
I asked my friend, Michelle Gamble, with the Global Wellness Summit some of her favorite spa getaways in the US. She has been fortunate to travel to a number of these great places during her career in the spa and wellness industry the past 18 years.
- mii amo spa is a 20 room destination spa on the grounds of the fabulous Enchantment Resort in spectacular Sedona, AZ. It’s an easy two-hour drive north of Phoenix. This adult only spa resort is known for delicious, creative cuisine and regular cooking demonstrations. There is also hiking in nearby red rock mountains and a wide variety of fitness classes to enjoy between spa treatments. This gorgeous setting is on the outskirts of Sedona. For a change of scenery, take the 30-minute drive up the mountains to Flagstaff where you’ll see the high desert change to mountain forests in a flash.
- Lake Austin Spa Resort is one of the country’s top destination spas situated on the Colorado River. An amazing 25,000’ two-story LakeHouse Spa with its own Aster Café, indoor/outdoor pools, and well known “Blue Room” – the relaxation area upstairs overlooking the property and the river. Water Activities in their Ripple Effects program including SUP, bogaboards, yoga on paddleboards and more. Hiking nearby too with many classes to choose from and frequent guest speakers. A great choice for friends to relax, workout, be inspired and enjoy Texas hospitality at it’s best.
- Ojai Valley Inn & Spa is a historic Inn that sets at the base of the Santa Monica Mountains in picturesque Ojai, CA. Only 25 minutes from Santa Barbara. Thankfully the Inn was spared from the recent fires. This first class resort has beautifully appointed Spanish style casitas overlooking their world-class golf course. Ojai Valley Inn offers several restaurant choices with an amazing spa, artist cottage and extensive vegetable and herb garden. Don’t miss their “Pink moment” – at sunset each day the sun casts a beautiful pink hue on the mountains above town, the perfect time to raise a glass to your girlfriends.
- Mohonk Mountain House is 90 minutes north of Manhattan in New Paltz, NY and a world away from the hustle and bustle of NYC. This is the one of the oldest family owned and operated hotels in the US and embraces the simpler way of life. They have rocking chairs on the balconies overlooking their own picturesque lake. They offer paddleboarding, kayaking and swimming off the banks. Mohonk added their state of the art spa about 15 years ago and since then, has attracted guests wanting an escape from their urban life. Check in to Mohonk and check out of your daily grind.
- The Beach Club at Charleston Harbor Resort has the Estuary Spa. It is a darling, 5-room spa located within the new 92-room boutique hotel. It’s located right on the water, so after your spa treatment, you can go sit by the pool and take in the views of the harbor and downtown Charleston. Afterwards, take the water taxi or complimentary trolley to visit historic Charleston for fine dining and fun shopping.
- The Breakers Palm Beach is a luxury spa getaway on the Atlantic. It is a legendary resort with fabulous food, incredible oceanfront grounds, and a world-class spa. Resort bikes are available to cruise along the coast or go shopping on Worth Ave. If you want an incredible hotel and spa experience with 5-star service, The Breakers is a perfect choice.
When you are packing be sure to check out my post here for packing tips.
So which spa do you want to go to on your getaway with your girlfriends?