Do you ever find yourself in a funk? I do sometimes and most of the time when I am in a funk I can not figure out why!
When I am in a funk I feel off, kind of depressed. It is weird to me when I go through this time because I usually can look at my life and think why in the world would I feel depressed. My life is really great!
I have never had a problem getting out of my funk but it can take me a few days. When my mother was alive she was the first person I would call. She could ALWAYS get me out of my funk. Now, it makes me sad that I can’t talk to her. She was the one person who really understood me better than anyone. I guess that is one of the great things about moms.
What I do to get out of a funk.
- Get outside – I love the outdoors. When I am feeling in a funk I am better if I can get outside (especially if the weather is good), If the weather is gloomy though it can add to my funk. I think there is something to seasonal depression and I believe I suffer from it slightly.
- Move – As I said earlier if the weather is good I love to get outside and going for a walk usually makes me feel better. If I can’t get outside I will go to an exercise class or at least turn on some music and dance around.
- Read something inspirational – I love to read self-help books. Well, I really just love to read.
- Do something for someone else – I have learned when I focus on someone else it really helps me to get out of my funk. I love to help people. On the Enneagram, I am a 2. Anytime we can take the focus off of ourselves it can help us forget about whatever is bothering us (at least for a moment).
- Pray and Meditate – This one should be the FIRST one I do but sometimes it can be my LAST resort. I am not proud of this but this is my reality. It is something I struggle with. I am a work in progress.
What do you do to get out of a FUNK?