What Is A Macro?
You may have heard the term macro and wondered what in the world is a macro. Macro is short for macronutrients. Macro means large so think large nutrients. Macronutrients refer to carbs, fats, and protein – the three basic components of every diet.
Most people are used to tracking calories and not macros but with FASTer Way to Fat Loss, we track our macros. Making sure we eat the right percentages of our macros to fuel our body to work efficiently.
What Is A Low Carb Day?
On a low carb day, we keep our carbs at 50 net grams. Net carbs are carbs minus fiber. You might wonder how we track our carb (carbohydrate) intake. In FASTer Way to Fat Loss, we use MyFitnessPal to track all of our carb cycling macro percentages.
Our goal on a low carb day is to keep our carbs at 50 net grams or less, hit our protein goal, and go over on our fat goal up to twice. So our carb cycling macro percentages would look something like this; 19% carb, 42% protein, and 39% fats.
What I Eat On A Low Carb Day
I have shared my low carb day meals to help you guys know what to eat on a low carb day.
Low Carb Lunch at Home
- Salad – greens, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, pumpkin seeds or walnuts, 1/2 avocado, 2 fried eggs (I like the yolk runny), Simply Garlic salad dressing.
- Tuna fish mixed with 1 tbsp. of Primal kitchen mayo on a bed of lettuce with 1/2 avocado, pickle and pecans sprinkled on top.
- 2 boiled eggs mashed together with 1/2 avocado (my version of egg salad) with Epic pork rinds.
Low Carb Lunch Out
- A cauliflower rice bowl from Zoe’s is one of my favorites.
- From Chick-fil-a, the cobb salad with grilled chicken nuggets is a great option.
- A turkey burger with a lettuce bun with avocado.
Low Carb Dinner at Home
- Salmon, cauliflower rice, and salad. (this is my go-to)
- Turkey lettuce wraps
- Grilled chicken or steak, roasted broccoli, and cauliflower.
Low Carb Dinner Out
- Chicken Larb at Surin
- Chicken Ceasar Salad with no croutons
- At Bricktops the deviled eggs, Salmon and broccoli is a great option.
Low Carb Snacks
- Quest Bar
- One Bar
- Boiled Egg
- Nuts (my favorites are walnuts and almonds)
- Epic Pork Rinds
- Dark Chocolate
You can see I don’t really overthink low carb day or any of the days on the FASTer Way to Fat Loss program because really it is more than a program for me, it is a sustainable lifestyle.
If you are looking for a sustainable lifestyle program to help you feel and look your best join me for my next round. Click here for more information and registration.